In the world of translations, “flavor” is key. Flavor can be version/dialect of your target language, tone of your content and the overall feeling of the project as a whole. There are some important factors to consider when deciding on “flavor:”
- Who is your target audience?
- Location, location, location! Depending where you are in the world, the version of your language may be different. (i.e. Spanish-Latin America versus Spanish-US)
- What message are you trying to convey?
- Is this a marketing piece, informational piece, internal communication, etc.? Knowing this will affect your translation. Think…is this supposed to be fun or functional? Or maybe both?
- What is the feeling of your brand, company or this project?
- Are you trying to convey a certain feeling in your communication? If you have a luxury product, you want to use luxurious and loft language.
“Flavor” is king in the world of translations. Knowing this and working with the Vocalink team will ensure that your communication piece is done in the correct tone, version and voice.